Pompallier Catholic School has a proud history of providing an excellent education in a caring environment for children from new Entrant through to Year Eight.
Pompallier Catholic School is an integral part of St. Joseph’s Catholic Parish and the Kaitaia community.
Pompallier Catholic School is conducted by lay teaching staff, in collaboration with the Parish Priest, the Board of Trustees, the school families and parishioners.
As a Mercy School, Pompallier upholds those traditions peculiar to that order and honours the spirit of the followers of Cecilia Maher.
To grow Christ-centred individuals who are inspired to be passionate, connected, life-long learners:
Aroha (Love),Tika ( Integrity), Pono (Truth), Atawhai (Mercy)
It is through these words that we uphold our special character.
School Goals 2019 – 2021
To achieve ‘our vision’ for our students, Pompallier Catholic School will develop the following goals for the three years: 2019 – 2021.
1. Success for All
A learning community that values and promotes every child, whanau and teachers’ success in developing their God- given gifts and resources.
- ● who are resilient
● who “stand tall” (Tukotahi tatou)
● who are successful in relationships
● who are life-long learners
● who are risk-takers
● who are problem solvers
We celebrate our Catholic Character at all times in Catholic Community who care for others and in our call to service in Christ.
- ● who have a sense of social justice and service
● who are caring and compassionate (Manaakitanga)
● who show respect and work well with others (kotahitanga)
● who are involved with Parish
● who use our school values at home and in the community
● who care for the environment as God’s creation
● who know where they belong (whanaungatanga)
● who are connected
All students experience effective teaching in a Christ centered environment to develop lifelong learning and habits.
- ● who are successful digital citizens within the context of their Catholic Values
● who have a strong sense of purpose and direction
● who know their strengths and are confident and resilient
● who are committed to the health and well-being of themselves and others, and the sustainability of our God given environment
● who know their God given gifts and how to use these in their career choices
● who are life long learners
The positive understandings and acceptance of who we are as individuals, groups and a Catholic community within an emotionally and physically safe learning environment
- ● who are positive in their own identity
● who have a sense of identity as Catholic people
● who are able to make good choices
● who can be relied upon
● who will lead or be lead as required
● who are proud to be who they are as Maori, Dalmatian, European, Indian, Pasifika, Korean, Filipino – proud of their culture
5. Student Achievement
Data and information will be used formatively by teachers and students to direct next learning steps.
- ● who set goals
● who show determination and persistence
● who are resilient
● who are becoming leaders
● who can talk about their learning
● who are innovative
● who are metacognitive (can think about their thinking)
6. Core Curriculum
What we base all learning on – NZC, the Gospel and RE Curriculum using evidence based practice.
- ● who are successful learners
● who are well balanced in education and all areas of life
● who achieve success in all curriculum areas within the NZ Curriculum
● who know the core of all their learning is connected to the Gospel’s teachings
7. Catholic Character
The reason our school exists - Christ is central to all learning and activities that happen at school. Families and whanau nurture learning.
- ● who are strong in knowledge of their faith and traditions
● who are able to live and apply the Gospel and School Values
● who are proud to be Catholic
● who practice the Sacraments regularly
● who are confident in themselves as Catholic people
It takes a whole school community to create a ‘Great School’.
Great Schools create ‘Great Children’ who are equipped with the necessary skills and strategies to deal with the many challenges that they will face as they grow.
Let’s make the next three years here at Pompallier Catholic School strong years where we walk together with our children supporting their faith and developing their academic abilities.